Becky Bullard: Metropolitan Nashville-Davidson County Office of Family Safety
Host Jeremy C. Park talks with Becky Bullard, Senior Director of Programs with Nashville Metro Government’s Office of Family Safety, who discusses domestic violence in the community, Metro’s workplace training initiative, Nashville’s Family Justice Center and more.
The mission of the Metropolitan Nashville-Davidson County Office of Family Safety is to increase victim safety and offender accountability by providing vital crisis intervention services to victims of interpersonal violence while maintaining the emotional wellness of service providers. This Mission is accomplished in our court and community based Family Safety Centers through client advocacy, training, outreach, and multi-disciplinary teams and Family Safety Center collaboration.
- Nashville’s Family Justice Center – where they are, what they do, and why collaboration matters
The Office of Family Safety has three overarching programs where we work to accomplish our mission and move towards are vision of a world without violence:
- Client Services Programs through our two Centers – the Family Safety Center & the Jean Crowe Advocacy Center
- High Risk Programsincluding collaborative work on High Risk Intervention Panel, Lethality Assessment, Domestic Violence Fatality Review, Strangulation, Firearms, Sexual Assault & Human Trafficking
- Training & Outreach to clients, community and partners
- Why measuring victim risk matters in domestic violence cases
Learn more: https://ofs.nashville.gov/