American Red Cross – Your Donation Matters!
The Red Cross is not a government agency and relies on donations of time, money and blood to do its work.
Host Jeremy C. Park talks with Sherri McKinney, Regional Director of Communication with the Tennessee Region of the American Red Cross, who shares some of the long history for the organization and their efforts in Middle Tennessee. During the interview, McKinney discusses some of the services provided, the need for Convalescent Blood donors for COVID patients and an NFL partnership, a Lifesaver television show special airing on WKRN-TV 2 on March 3, how the community can get involved and benefit and more.
The Tennessee Region of the American Red Cross serves all 95 counties in Tennessee. We also serve Crittenden County in Arkansas and Desoto and Tunica counties in Mississippi. We are dedicated to helping victims of disaster and providing programs and services that help our community prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies.
The Tennessee Region – part of a nationwide network of locally supported chapters – is comprised of the following eight Red Cross chapters: East Tennessee, Heart of Tennessee, Mid-South, Mid-West Tennessee, Nashville Area, Southeast Tennessee, Northeast Tennessee and Tennessee River.
- Services Red Cross provides to the community.
- Need for Convalescent Blood donors for COVID patients and the NFL partnership
- How can I use the Red Cross when I don’t have a disaster I am dealing with?
- Need for volunteers of all kinds
- How can people donate financially to help?
- Lifesaver Event – March 3, 2021 on WKRN-TV 2