Junior’s House Children’s Advocacy Center
Our mission is to bring abused kids into a safe space to begin the healing process.
Host Jeremy C. Park talks with Crystal Guess, Executive Director of Junior’s House Children’s Advocacy Center, who discusses their mission and efforts to bring abused kids into a safe space to begin the healing process. During the interview, Crystal highlights the role of a Children’s Advocacy Center in the community, how Junior’s House got started, the different programs they offer, the counties they cover, a story of impact, and how the community can help. She also talks about what you should do if you suspect child abuse and shares some helpful tips to prevent it.
- What is the role of a Children’s Advocacy Center in the community?
- How did Junior’s House get started?
- The different programs we offer – Junior’s House, Inc. provides a variety of services free of charge for child victims of abuse and their families, as well as health care professionals, schools, and community organizations.
- How many children we serve each year?
- The counties we cover
- Upcoming Events -Our 17th Annual Blue-Ribbon Walk that will be virtual on May 12th, 2021 – Join us for our 17th Annual BRW to raise awareness about child abuse. Due to Covid19, the event will be virtual. Stay tuned for sign up information and more details.
- What someone should do if they expect child abuse
- Our needs that are specific to Bedford County
According to Tennessee law, ALL persons must report suspected cases of child abuse and neglect. This includes doctors, police, teachers, parents, mental health professionals, child care providers, dentists, family members and friends. If the child is in immediate danger, call 911. They can respond immediately and will inform CPS.
To report suspected child sexual abuse, call the following number:
Tennessee Child Abuse Hotline: 1-877-237-0004
You can reach this toll free number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
As a non-profit organization, Junior’s House always welcomes donations of money, goods, or services. What our volunteers and donors have in common is a deep concern for children. And each has made a personal choice about how they can do the most good. No matter how you choose to contribute, your involvement will be appreciated.