Host Jeremy C. Park talks with Dr. Rebecca Burcham, Assistant Professor, and Dr. Lesley Tomaszewski, Master of Health Administration (MHA) Program Director and Associate Professor with the College of Business at Lipscomb University, who both highlight the MHA program and how it incorporates current issues to help those in the healthcare field who want to expand their impact in the community. During the interview, Rebecca and Lesley talk about some of the current issues with recent legislation regarding telemedicine reimbursement and access to healthcare within rural areas in both Tennessee and Texas. They also spotlight upcoming events, ways the community can get involved, and more.
- Recent state legislation regarding telemedicine reimbursement
- Impact legislation has on rural counties within TN
- Access to healthcare within rural areas both in TN & TX
- How Lipscomb University Master of Health Administration Program incorporates these types of issues into our program
- Those in the healthcare field who want to expand their impact on community issues, interacting with this program will help you.
- Events: Nashville Business Breakfast on Tuesday, February 15
- Events: Lunch and Learn on Tuesday March 8 from 11:30-1:00, location is the Paul Rogers Board room. Link to sign up is here. Featured speaker is Lipscomb COB alum and retired HCA administrator Jeff Whitehorn speaking on his new book Leadership Treasure. Here is a link to additional biographical info for Jeff and about his book.