For 120 years, the YWCA has helped women, girls and families in Nashville build safer, more self-sufficient lives. We are constantly monitoring the challenges of social change, developing programs and services to meet the evolving needs of women and their families. We have met the challenges faced by women during each era in our history, and we will continue to adapt as new challenges arise.
• Dress for Success Nashville is a program of YWCA Nashville & Middle Tennessee. Dress for Success exists to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire, and development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. We strive to offer long-lasting solutions that enable women to break the cycle of poverty. In addition to equipping women with apparel and accessories, our program provides clients with confidence.
• Our suiting program provides clients with one professional suit and accessories to prepare her for a job interview. After she secures employment, the client is invited back for an employment suiting which will provide her with additional professional clothing to mix-and-match for a week's worth of outfits. Potential Dress for Success Nashville clients MUST be working with an approved referral partner. There are more than 30 referral partners, including Goodwill, Operation Stand Down, Nashville Rescue Mission, and Martha O’Bryan Center.
• If you or your organization is interested in donating, sponsoring a suiting, or volunteering, please call 615-269-9922 or email email@example.com for more information.
• We are currently collecting high-end, designer items for our DFS Pop Up Boutique at the upcoming Wine Women & Shoes event. This fundraiser is taking place on Saturday, Feb. 23 at the Music City Center. Visit www.ywcanashville.com/wws to learn more about the event.
• While known for its domestic violence services programs, the YWCA also offers the region’s only Family Literacy Center and is the affiliate for the well-known Dress for Success program. The Family Literacy Center provides adult education, early childhood education, parenting education, and interactive parent-child learning time. CALL 615-269-9922 to learn more or register.
• The Adult Education component of the FLC offers FREE HiSET* classes to help both women and men earn their High School Equivalency (HSE) diploma. Classes are offered six days a week in FOUR convenient Nashville locations. *Tennessee is one of several states that adopted the HiSET due to changes in the GED Exam. The HiSET allows for either computer or paper-based testing, as opposed to the GED, which can only be taken via computer. Passing either test will lead to a high school equivalency diploma issued by the State of Tennessee and accepted nationally.
Learn more: https://www.ywcanashville.com/what-we-do/dfs/
Copyright © 2016 All Rights Reserved.
Created by eBiz Solutions