The 5KWalk/Run to end childhood cancer is literally what the name implies a 5K Walk/Run, making it accessible to nearly everyone. This is family friendly event. It's a very special event in that it begins and ends on the campus of St. Jude. We are very fortunate to have St. Jude in Memphis, TN. St. Jude cures childhood cancer for children all around the world.
• Treatments invented at St. Jude have helped push the overall childhood cancer survival rate from 20 percent when the hospital opened in 1962 to more than 80 percent today. (this reflects just a very slight tweak in wording – the numbers are the same).
• St. Jude treats about 8,500 children with cancer and other life-threatening diseases each year. The treatments for pediatric cancer can last up to three years or more and cost on average $425,000 including housing, travel and food. (note the numbers have changed significantly)
• It will cost approximately $1 billion to operate St. Jude this year and the majority of that must come from generous donors. (we no longer recommend citing costs-per-day)
• St. Jude is licensed for 80 inpatient beds and treats upwards of 277 patients each day. (slight change in numbers)
• In 2018 St. Jude Children's Research Hospital was named one of the country's "100 Best Companies to Work For," by FORTUNE magazine for the eighth year in a row. (updated to reflect 2018 award)
• The hospital's global outreach efforts transfer the progress achieved in the treatment of childhood cancer in developed countries to those with limited resources. St. Jude has 24 official partner sites in 17 countries in Mexico, Central America and the Caribbean, South America, the Eastern Mediterranean region and Asia. Users from 192 countries have accessed Cure4Kids.org, an Internet-based distance learning initiative. In addition, St. Jude trains thousands of medical professionals around the world through consultations, faculty visits to St. Jude and Cure4Kids.org. (this is current best messaging when asked about St. Jude Global)
62 cities in the country participate in the walk run in September. Memphis always raises the most $ and we don't want 2018 to be any different. Event date: September 22 - goal $1M. We would love to have as many $10 donations as possible.
Copyright © 2016 All Rights Reserved.
Created by eBiz Solutions