Dr. Tyler Brolin discusses the new state-of-the-art facility and their Excel performance and wellness center.
Campbell Clinic’s emphasis is on taking care of the Greater Memphis area by providing the highest quality orthopedic care. Dr. Tyler Brolin discusses the new state-of-the-art facility and their Excel performance and wellness center, which is led by former NBA trainer of the year, Drew Graham. Excel will be for athletes and anyone who simply wants to improve their physical fitness. Members will benefit from utilizing innovative equipment like water treadmills, antigravity treadmills, and the most recent techniques in recovery and fitness. Campbell Clinic is an essential business and encourages people with orthopedic related pain or injury to contact Campbell Clinic (instead of the ER) where patients can be seen in the office or evaluated via telehealth.
- What is Campbell Clinic doing to continue to serve patients during the pandemic? Medical care is essential and, now more than ever, patients can benefit from having urgent orthopedic injuries treated by one of our specialists rather than in an ER setting. We are also offering patient care via telemedicine where appropriate.
- Specialize in shoulders and elbows. How common is the need for overall joint replacement in the U.S. – and what are some of the new trends? More than a million joint replacement urgeries are performed each year in America. New trends in joint replacement include non-opioid pain management.
- What are some common reasons people would need a joint replacement? (injury, overuse, arthritis, rotator cuff issues, etc.)
- How does a person know if it is time for a joint replacement?
- What is the difference between a total, partial and reverse shoulder replacement?
- What types of non-opioid options are there today for addressing pain? (cryo-nucleolysis/freezing)
- What do patient studies show about the effectiveness of non-opioid pain management techniques? (improvement of overall shoulder function; most patients report little or no pain even 2 years post-op)
- Why are non-opioid options for pain management so important? (Orthopedic surgeons account for 8% percent of opioids prescribed – we are working to decrease this percentage)
- How many joint replacement surgeries do you and/or your team perform each year?
- What should a person do if they are experiencing ongoing joint pain?
Learn more: https://www.campbellclinic.com/