Host Jeremy C. Park talks with Rokeisha Bryant, Executive Director of Cafe Momentum, Nashville, who highlights the Momentum model that uniquely transforms young lives by equipping our community’s justice-involved youth with life skills, education and employment opportunities to help them achieve their full potential. During the interview, Rokeisha talks about the organization’s origins with the award-winning restaurant and culinary training facility founded in Dallas in 2015 by Chef and CEO Chad Houser, and then how the organization now is building Momentum in Nashville, Tennessee. Rokeisha shares their platform and program and talks about some of the many ways the community can get involved, including pop up dinners, hosting watch parties for their documentary, referrals and investment in their efforts.
- Café Momentum is an award-winning restaurant and culinary training facility, founded in Dallas in 2015 by Executive Chef and CEO Chad Houser
- The Momentum model uniquely transforms young lives by equipping our community’s justice-involved youth with life skills, education and employment opportunities to help them achieve their full potential.
- In building Café Momentum, the primary goal is to build a sustainable model that provides youth with juvenile justice involvement (ages 15-19) with the holistic support they need to TRULY THRIVE.
- Our goal is to serve 150 youth per year in Nashville.
- Café Momentum will be opening its Nashville non-profit restaurant in 2022. We’re actively looking for funders, organizations, private donors, grants and opportunities to fund the initial phase of Café Momentum in Nashville. Café Momentum Nashville’s expansion is fiscally sponsored and managed by Momentum Advisory Collective (M.A.C.)
- The community can get involved in 3 ways: Referring youth or community partners to us. Investing your time through volunteer opportunities, sponsoring a pop up dinner and/or donations, Hosting a screening of our 45 minute documentary (to raise awareness about our efforts)
- Café Momentum plans to host pop up dinners in the very near future and will continue to host them until we open our doors. In the meantime, we will launch a 10- week program that provides you with a sample of our workforce development and culinary arts training. Please follow us on our social media outlets and/or subscribe to our email subscriptions to stay informed on our events.